Work or studies
Home and Accommodation
The area you live in
1. What kinds of things are boring to you?
2. What will you do when you feel bored?
3. What was the most boring thing you did when you were young?
4. Do you think school is boring?
1. Do you wear a watch?
2. Have you ever got a watch as a gift?
3. Why do some people wear expensive watches?
4. Do you think it is important to wear a watch? Why?
1. Do you collect things？
2. Are there any things you keep from childhood?
3. Would you keep old things for a long time? Why?
4. Where do you usually keep things you need?
1. Do you have a talent, or something you are good at?
2. Was it mastered recently or when you were young?
3. Do you think your talent can be useful for your future work? Why?
4. Do you think anyone in your family has the same talent?
1. Have you ever seen some old buildings in the city?
2. Do you think we should preserve old buildings in cities?
3. Do you prefer living in an old building or a modern house?
4. Are there any old buildings you want to see in the future? Why?
1. Where is your favorite place to sit?
2. Do you always sit down for a long time?
3. Do you feel sleepy when you are sitting down?
4. When you were a kid, did you usually sit on the floor?
1. In what conditions would you use a computer?
2. When was the first time you used a computer?
3. What would your life be like without computers?
4. ln what conditions would it be difficult for you to use a computer?
1. Where is your favorite places to meet with people?
2. Do you think there are some places more suitable for meeting with others?
3. Are there any differences between your favorite meeting places in the present and in your childhood?
4. Why are some meeting places better than others?
1. Are you interested in watching TV advertisements or internet advertisement?
2. What kinds of advertisements do you dislike?
3. Do you share advertisements with others?
4. Do you want to work in advertising in the future?
1. Do you like the morning or evening?
2. What do you usually do in the evening?
3. What did you do in the evening when you were little? Why?
4. Are there any differences between what you do in the evening now and what you did in the past?
1. What sports do you like?
2. Where did you learn how to do it?
3. Did you do some sports when you were young?
4. Do you think students need more exercise?
Books and reading habits
1. Do you often read books? When？
2. Do you read differently now than you did before? (Are your reading habits now different than before?)
3. Have you ever read a novel that has been adapted into a film?
4. Which do you prefer, reading books or watching movies?
Describe something you do to keep fit and healthy You should say:
What it is When you do it
Who you do it with
And explain why you think this method is important
1. How do children and old people keep fit and healthy?
2. What do people normally do to keep fit and healthy in your country?
3. How can parents help and guide their kids to keep healthy?
4. Do you think it is a good way for governments to use the power of idol(utilize popular celebrities) to help people to build health awareness?
Describe an important river/lake in your country You should say:
Where it is located How big/long it is What it looks like
And explain why it is important
1. How can rivers/lakes benefit local people?
2. Do you think rivers/lakes attract tourists?
3. How do rivers/lakes affect local tourism?
4. Are rivers/lakes good for transport? Why?
Describe an important event you celebrated You should say:
What the event was When it happened Who attended the event
And explain how you feel about the event
1. Do you like to celebrate important events? Why?
2. What kinds of events do people usually celebrate?
3. Do people often celebrate events with a large group of people or just a few people?
4. Do people often celebrate festivals with families?
Describe an interesting neighbor You should say:
Who he/she is
How you knew him/her What you do together
And explain why he/she is interesting
1. Do you think people are familiar with their neighbors?
2. How can people improve the relationship with neighbors in a community?
3. How do children build relationships with others in a community?
4. Is it beneficial to get along well with neighbors?
Describe a special day out that cost you little money/didn’t cost you much You should say:
When was the day Where you went
How much you spent
And explain how you feel about the day
1. Do people like to spend their leisure time out in your country?
2. How do people spend their leisure time in China?
3. How does technology affect the way people spend their leisure time?
4. Do you think only old people have time for leisure?
Describe a contest/competition you would like to participate in You should say:
What the contest/competition is about
Where the contest/competition will take place When it will be held
And explain why you would like to participate in it
1. What are the contests commonly seen on TV programs?
2. Why are competition shows popular?
3. What kinds of industries need competition? Why?
4. Do you think it is necessary to encourage people to compete with others in companies?
Describe an occasion that you lost something You should say:
What you lost
When and where you lost it What you did to find it
And explain how you felt about it
1. What kinds of things do people usually lose?
2. What do people often do when losing things?
3. ls it an effective way to use rewards to find lost things?
4. What kinds of people may lose things often?
Describe a quiet place(you like to go) You should say:
Where it is
How you know it
How often you go there What you do there
And explain how you feel about the place
1. ls it easy to find quiet places in your country? Why?
2. Why do old people prefer to live in quiet places?
3. Why are there more noises made at home now than in the past?
4. Why do some people like to use noise as background sound when they are working or studying?